Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sweetie Pie....

I know that I am day late posting about the newest kit "Sweetie Pie" from Freehand Scraps, but the weather here has been strange to say the least and school has been cancelled for the past 2 days-which is really throwing off my schedule. :)in a good way. We have spent the past day building blanket forts in the basment, reading lots of good books, singing, talking, sipping hot cocoa...you get the idea. Anyway, without further ado, I will share my projects from the Gallery and please head over there to check out the rest of the amazing projects by the design team and Guest Designer Emily Spahn! This kit truly is brimming with products and is very versatile...I made 3 layouts and 2 cards and could have kept going.......
This first layout was a fun one using the old book pages as a matte for my focal point picture. I cut up the crate paper doily paper for some embellishments-LOVE that paper!!!! and sprinkled on some sequins and those darling paper flowers as well as the velvet flower and beautiful stick pin. I love how this layout turned out!

This next layout was one that I loved putting together. I used my slice to cut the word love two times to use with the title and sprayed the doily with glitter mist to give it a hint of color and sheen and layered on the Fancy pants journaling spots and acrylic embellishement to frame in my two photos. Last I embellished the fancy pants paper at the bottom with the tiny heart brads found in this kit. Super easy layout!

These two cards were put together in less than an hour while my daughter was at basketball practice...I punched the hearts out of the various papers and stitched them onto the card-embellished the card with the adorable tiny chipboard bird after covering him with paper and the lace trim from the kit and used the slice again to cut out a title for my card....

This forever card was using some border punches to layer the papers the velvet ribbon trim and lovely silk flower that comes in the kit. The forever definition was on a complete page of stickers found in this kit---I am telling you it was packed with fun stuff!

This last layout and detail shot was just done using the fancy pants paper and layering on some of the other fun things in the kit one of which was the pearl trim that I twisted around for an accent at the bottom of layout and another chipboard shape covered with paper.I used the rubons-you get an entire sheet! and more of the rhinestones. This kit was so much fun so please check it out today!!




No comments: