Monday, January 3, 2011

Freehand Scraps projects...

I am back today to share with you a bit more about my projects using the Freehand Scraps January Kit-Festive Peacock.
The first one below uses a couple of the papers and the chipboard snowflakes which I painted lightly and then sprayed with glitter mist-it is hard to see in the photo the effect but up close it looks pretty! I interspersed a few of the snowflake brads (this kit is full of brads) which had glitter on them already and used the fun Pink Paislee alpha for my title. I also punched some circles and stitched them for some added texture. The whole layout was outlined with stitching and then the journaling strips added last from some of the light purple paper in the kit. The colors work very well with snowy pictures or black and white photos like I used.



This card is pretty self-explanatory: I cut down the thick pleated turquoise ribbon from the kit to make a banner showcasing some of the bright fun papers found in the kit and used the turquoise sticker letters for my sentiment. So FUN!


This next layout uses some of the various papers from the kit...I punched the scallop circles and scattered them and added the bloom, brad and glitter leaves above the tag and used it as a journaling spot. I also added the fortune cookie strip to the lower left corner-what a fun idea to have in a kit!

Last the holiday tea layout uses 3 of the featured papers in the kit (I love the black and white houndstooth) along with the file tabs, more of the blooms with their centers taken from the extra pieces from the Pink Paislee alpha and journaling strips to document a holiday tea outing and play we saw with our family over the holidays---it was a fancy tea (my daughters first)and I thought the webster pages paper went well with the theme. I also inked the edges all around with some red staz on ink to finish it off!


If you are still reading then have a beautiful Friday! I have been cleaning out and purging for the new year and getting motivated to finish up some of those projects that have been sitting around gathering dust...check back for more of those completed projects over the weekend.

No comments: